Monday 3 September 2012

Gerald Celente is a SCAM and a Fraud

I've noticed a lot in the Austrian community are paying quite a bit of lip service to this so-called "prophet". What do you guys think of him? From what I've seen, he is extremely general about his predictions, and in the predictions that he did "get right" he was wrong about why. (Think bubble being caused by deregulation) Celente claims we should "buy local" of all things, as a way to survive the coming apocalypse! He was wrong about tax revolts in 2009, too. I am sure if I research more we will find he was wrong about a number of other things too.He's a fraud. Nobody can predict the future. I honestly have no clue why libertarians worship this guy. He's not even a libertarian. Hell, he's not even a good economist. Or an economist at all, really.
Worse is that he rehashes the same progressive garbage.
DECLINE OF THE MIDDLE CLASS
END OF THE INDUSTRIAL AGE
WESTERN WORLD BECOMING NEW THIRD WORLD
EVIL WALL STREET
  I think Celente may be good about spotting trends, but I haven't seen any evidence he has any sort of solid economic foundation.  In fact, as has been pointed out, some of the things he's said point to the opposite.  And reading through those predictions, to me it seems like all I have to do to be a Celente-level forecaster is make a bunch of general predictions.  Eventually some of them will stick.  If I try hard enough, I can take what really happens and frame it into something I've said.
Seriously a lot of that stuff on that list is filled with things that didn't happen, or the results were right but the reasonings weren't even close.  And who the hell knows all the predictions they've made that didn't pan out.
I say the guy's not much better than any other forecaster.  And his economic assements/advice are terrible to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment